Brighte Maasai operates https://brightemaasai.com/ hereinafter referred to as the “Site” or “Our site.” This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Brighte Maasai provides online travel services through its own website and mobile apps and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms.
What kind of personal information does Brighte Maasai use?
When you make a reservation, you’ll be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests traveling with you, and your preferences for your stay.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings, and manage future reservations.
When you visit our website, even if you don’t make a reservation, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, browser information, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings, and pages that have been shown to you. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings, and characteristics, and latitude/longitude details.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Brighte Maasai collect, use, and share your personal data?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodation you have booked.
- Customer Service: We provide international customer service 24/7 in more than 8 languages. Sharing your details with our global customer service allows for a quick response when you need assistance or have questions about your reservation.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a guest review after your stay, helping other travelers choose a place to stay.
- Account Administration: We offer a user account facility on our website, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily, and manage your personal settings.
- Marketing Activities: We use your information for marketing activities, including sending you news about similar travel-related products and services. You can opt out of marketing communication at any time.
- Other Communications: We may contact you by email, post, phone, or text for various reasons, such as responding to requests you have made or providing reminders about unfinished reservations.
- Market Research: We may ask for your participation in market research with your consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: We use personal information for analytical purposes to enhance our services, improve the user experience, and enhance the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Brighte Maasai use social media?
We use social media to promote our services and partners’ properties, as well as to promote, improve, and facilitate our own services website. This includes integrating social media plugins into our website and offering social apps. When you register with a social media app, information is shared with your social media provider, possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
How does Brighte Maasai share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties:
- The accommodation you booked.
- Third-party service providers.
- Competent authorities.
- Business partners.
How does Brighte Maasai use mobile devices?
We have free apps for a variety of mobile devices and use versions of our regular website that have been optimized for mobile. These apps and mobile websites process your personal details in a similar way as our website does and allow you to use location services to find services nearby.
How does Brighte Maasai use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After using any service booked through us, you’ll be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the service item, surrounding areas, and the destination. By completing a guest review, you agree that it can be displayed on our websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts, and on the website of the relevant property to inform other travelers about the quality of the service item.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data placed in the browser of your computer or mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies enable your browser to be recognized by the website, remember your choices, and make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies used for various purposes.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: These are necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: These remember your preferences and help you use our website efficiently and effectively.
- Analytics cookies: These help us gain insight into how our visitors use the website and optimize our services.
- Commercial cookies: These are used to show you advertisements on other websites.
How long do our cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans, but you can erase all cookies from your browser at any time.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
You can set which cookies to accept and reject in your browser settings.
Does Brighte Maasai use web beacons?
In addition to using cookies, we sometimes use web beacons to track user behavior and improve our services.
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information. Your credit card details are stored for a maximum of 10 days unless you choose to store them in your personal account.
Our services are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
You have the right to review, update, or request the removal of your personal data. For inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the Brighte Maasai website and apps?
Brighte Maasai controls the processing of personal data on its website and apps. If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated, October 2023